[jhb] Re: Cliff

  • From: GERRY WINSKILL <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:45:21 +0100

I think it was in Funchal that the cathedral has a glass floor, over a crypt. The distance to the crypt floor was probably only 20 ft but I couldn't get off the glass floor quickly enough.

I'm pretty sure vertigo comes with advancing age, as I used to be able to climb the ladders to the tops of cooling towers. Standing on a chair triggers it off these days!

Gerry Winskill

On 26/05/2016 20:33, Fred Stopforth wrote:

I remember going up B'pool Tower a few years ago[been up a few times before] and saw that a glass panel had been place in the floor to look down.To look down it you have to stand on the glass panel and it felt a strange and uncomfortable sensation. Fred D207

From: pot.holer@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 19:18:01 +0100

We've been up to that spot too! Vertigo, oh yes! I hated it... :-) How strange it is that I have no problems when looking down from the cockpit of a PA28 at 2000' yet, stick me on the top of a cliff at similar heights & I really do throw a wobbly...!

Glad that you enjoyed Tea at the Ritz, we loved the ambience and the entertainment. Simple pleasures!

MikeB

To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: bones@xxxxxxx
Subject: [jhb] Cliff
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 17:51:15 +0100

I think we found the cliff you may have seen Gerry.

Sent from my HTC