working with main frame

  • From: margarena <margarena@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:48:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello!
   I hope that all of you are having a wonderfully tranquil holiday season.
     I recently got a job as a customer service representative for a company
which deals with governmental insurance and benefits.  I have to access the
main frame a lot, and JFW is not reading very well at all.  It rarely reads the
field that the cursor is on when I press insert up arrow, and when I type it
echoes all of these strange numbers even when I type letters, and I have the
characters turned off.  I haven't used very many programs on the main frame
yet, but I am sure they are only going to be more complicated, and that they
won't speak well at all.
     I'm wondering if anybody has had experience using a main frame before.
I'm looking for any suggestions and/or assistance.  I want to get this problem
solved quickly, because I don't want my employer to decide I'm not worth the
energy.  I'm not sure that the city in which I live has truly knowledgeable and
experienced people who can accurately assist me.
     Thanks in advance, and have a good day!