Re: two questions

  • From: Leonard Salinas <leonard_salinas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:34:22 -0600

never heard of  safe xp, but with changing drive letters i can help there.
below is how its done, good luck, i have done it successfully.

How to assign a drive letter
To assign a drive letter to a drive, a partition, or a volume, follow these steps:

table with 2 columns and 7 rows
1.
Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2.
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.

Note If you do not see Performance and Maintenance, go to step 3. Performance and Maintenance appears in Control Panel only if you use Category view. If
you use Classic view, Performance and Maintenance does not appear.
3.
Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
4.
Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and
Paths.
5.
Click Add.
6.
Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, and then either accept the default drive letter or click the drive letter that you
want to use.
7.
Click OK.
table end

The drive letter is assigned to the drive, to the partition, or to the volume that you specified, and then that drive letter appears in the appropriate
drive, partition, or volume in the Disk Management tool.

Legend has it that on Sunday 2/10/2008 06:25 PM, Liz Wade said:
Hey GuysZ:

Firstly, does anyone know of a jaws compatible way to change the letter of a drive. I am trying to rename my second hard drive drive E and the computer seems to want to call it G for some reason. Also have any of you ever used the programe safe xp and if so is it jaws compatible. According to what I read on the net, it is supposed to resolve windows update issues as my windows updating is not working. Thanks.

Liz

Checked by AVG Free Edition.