Re: still need help with focus bluue

  • From: "Zdenek Vopat" <zdenekvopat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 02:58:22 +0200

Yadiel, I think it is possible do not quote me on that: but here is an insert
from a users guide, it definitely seems to be the case that jaws can spell the
word and perhaps even the contracted character here is the citation:
"Braille Study Mode
Available in JAWS 9.0.2169 or later, Braille Study Mode is a training tool
for teaching and learning braille. When Braille Study Mode is on, JAWS
will announce the current braille character in a display cell when you
press the Cursor Routing button immediately above that cell. When you
press the Navrow button (located behind the Cursor Routing button),
JAWS will announce and spell the braille word. To enable Braille Study
Mode, do the following:
list of 3 items
1.
Make sure that the Focus display is attached to your computer.
2.
Do one of the following:
list of 2 items nesting level 1
.
Press CTRL+INSERT+B to open the Adjust Braille Options
dialog box, or
.
Press INSERT+V to open the Adjust JAWS Options dialog
box.
list end nesting level 1
3.
Press S until Study Mode appears, and then press SPACEBAR
to toggle Study Mode on. Braille Study Mode remains on until
toggled off or until JAWS is restarted.
list end
In addition, when Braille Study Mode is disabled, you can always press
the braille display's left or right WHIZWHEEL together with either a
Cursor Routing or Navrow button to briefly use Braille Study Mode
functionality. This is useful when you need a quick reminder, but you do
not want to go through the process of turning on Braille Study Mode as
previously described. To use Braille Study Mode on the fly, do one of the
following:
list of 2 items
.
Press WHIZWHEEL+CURSOR ROUTING to make JAWS
announce the braille character in the display cell, or
.
Press WHIZWHEEL+NAVROW to make JAWS announce
and spell the braille word.
list end
"
Zdenek