Re: need some help!!

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:40:53 -0800

Hi David,

You are right about the versions of Word acting the way they do.  Word 97
did not have MSAA in it and it showed.  I found that one out after talking
to Peter Wong, who might still be with Microsoft in their MSAA division.  I
liked Word 2000 a lot - still do.  But we're using Word 2003 at work and,
although there are some nice things about it, it still is odd at times.
JAWS 6 also behaves in an odd fashion at times as well.

For example, if the I-beam (mouse pointer in text) in in a word, JAWS 6
cannot read the whole word during either SayAll or SayLine.  I have to
switch to JAWS cursor, move the I-beam, then switch to PC cursor and
continue reading.

Then, there's the "wonderful" task pane issue we brought up a while back.
And while Spell Check works well, the Thesaurus opens in a task pane.

Well, no one suggested that Microsoft was original.  Heh.  But I wish that
JAWS could work in a more consistent manner.

Thanks, David.

Francis