Word 2003 vs. Word 2000

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:17:36 -0800

Francis,

Reading the below reminded me of how hard I tried for a while, with my new
computer and new Office suite 2003, to master or at least bear with the task
pane revamp of the Word thesaurus function.

I got as far as being able to figure out that the new thing offered a lot of
links and related functions that, for me, had absolutely nothing to do with
the reasons I wanted to thumb through a few lists of associated words until
I hit on the one that would best serve my purpose.  At that point, without a
bit of regret, I just reinstalled Word 2000 in my new XP Home PC, and am
once more a happy Word camper.  Just describing my own experience.  Other
people may feel differently about it.  Not trying to argue.  Just providing
an update on the ultimate resolution my hassle with the new task pane
thesaurus.

Daniel