Re: jpg files

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:14:17 -0500

Linda,
If this is a graphical image of a form that you need to fill out, I doubt if
running it through an OCR program such as OpenBook, Kurzweil 1000 or
FineReader will yield a document that is enough like the original form to
enable you to fill it out with JAWS.  You might be able to read the text in
the resulting document with JAWS, but placing information in the right areas
and then printing out the form to look like the original would probably not
be possible.  What you really need is an accessible version of the form
produced in a word processor that can be navigated by JAWS.
Gary King, w4wkz@xxxxxxxx