RE: jfw and extra terminal

  • From: "Huskins, Wayne" <Wayne.Huskins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:06:40 -0500

Martin,

how well jfw works with extra will depend upon the version of extra. Version
6.5 and 6.7 work well and 6.2 was not too bad.  I don't know about 6.1, 6.3
or 6.6.
6.4 was just about unusable. The main problem is that jfw has a lot of
difficulty locating the cursor. Jfw cannot find the cursor if it is half or
full block and the cursor must be blinking.

try the following suggestions.

in order to get jfw to work with extra  you must make the following changes
to extra display settings:
note: you access the settings via options menu followed by selecting
settings... and use tab to navigate  thedialogue.

on the general page of  display settings  set cursor size to underline and
check cursor blink
TO GET jfw to work well WITH EXTRA YOU MUST ALSO SELECT THE APPROPRIATE
FONT&SIZE
ON THE  GENERAL PAGE OF FONT SELECT "lucida for attach mate" as the font,
SELECT AUTO SIZE FONT  AND
DESELECT AUTO SIZE WINDOW to font.
set margins to none