jaws sounding wierd on creative sound blaster xfi xtreme soundcard

  • From: Brandon B <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:20:27 -0800

Hello everyone
I recently got a new sound card [the creative sound blaster xfi xtreme ]and synthedic speech including jaws's eloquence sounds very frequencied if that makes any sence to anyone. Is there anyway to fix the issue? No matter what I set the control pannel properties to synthedic speech still has this quality. If you've ever heard the icon speak using eloquence, you know what this sound is, and it is kinda anoying coming out of my amp when if I change it to my built in it sounds fine, however the onboard doesn't play nice with the other card. When I enable I get random high pitch sounds and stereo channel drop outs, probably because of driver conflicts. So it looks like I have to eather deal with this, or plug in my old creative normal sound blaster card. Both creative cards are PCI if that makes things clearer to anyone. Any recommendations?