Re: jaws sounding wierd on creative sound blaster xfi xtreme soundcard

  • From: "Cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:03:39 -0800

Do you mind saying what, xfi, is?
Thanks,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Faucheux" <pf112781@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: jaws sounding wierd on creative sound blaster xfi xtreme soundcard

given that u are having this problem would u think that i would have
this same proble pm on a laptop running windows vista! i am going to
be getting an xfi notebook!
On 1/1/09, Brandon B <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Latest drivers are installed, using windows xp home sp3 with all updates.

Paul Faucheux wrote:
hey do you have the latest drivers! what operating system are u using.

On 12/31/08, Brandon B <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone
I recently got a new sound card [the creative sound blaster xfi xtreme
]and synthedic speech including jaws's eloquence sounds very frequencied
if that makes any sence to anyone. Is there anyway to fix the issue? No
matter what I set the control pannel properties to synthedic speech
still has this quality. If you've ever heard the icon speak using
eloquence, you know what this  sound is, and it is kinda anoying coming
out of my amp when if I change it to my built in it sounds fine, however
the onboard doesn't play nice with the other card. When I enable I get
random high pitch sounds and stereo channel drop outs, probably because
of driver conflicts. So it looks like I have to eather deal with this,
or plug in my old creative normal sound blaster card. Both creative
cards are PCI if that makes things clearer to anyone. Any
recommendations?

the
the

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the