Re: jaws re starting

  • From: "Ralph W. Reid" <rreid@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:21:19 -0700

Do you have very many other programs running?  Do you have something
running on your system that might be eating up a lot of resources?
Try having a look at the list of running programs by pressing INS+F10
to see if there is something which might be shut down.  Also, consider
how long it has been since your system was rebooted--sometimes
programs (and in some cases, apparently Windows itself) develop
memory leaks and the like which use up system resources without doing
anything productive.

HTH, and have a _great_ day.

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 01:00:59PM +0100, Stephen Faill wrote:
> hello list
>
> can anyone tell me why when i perform a insert plus f4 key combination and
> shut jaws down, on the restart of jaws with a hotkey it takes the best part
> of 5 minutes to restart?
>
> all ideas greatly appreciated.
>
> stephen
rreid@xxxxxxxxxx  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
...passing through The City of Internet at the speed of light!
SECANT (x) = TAN (x) / COTAN (x)