Re: an OE question

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:51:37 -0400

Hello Troy:

Think once, twice, three times, and as many times again, before
throwing out the baby with the bath water.

If you switch to a microsoft product such as "outlook Express", you
may get more than you bargained fore, such as viruses, spam mail,
spyware intrusions, etc., because of the wholes in there programming
and there poor quality and control over the products that they put
out, for which we, the public, have to pay the penalty and suffer the
consequences.

Let me say it, before someone else does, there are millions of people
who use Outlook Express with no problem and have not been hit with any
such problems, "as far as they know."  Personally, I would not use
Outlook Express, if you paid me.  But there again, I have a natural
aversion to companies that release products which contain blatant
programming bugs and errors, that would be found and corrected, if the
programs were properly tested before they are released to the public.

Try and find out why you are getting the problems you are having.  It
may be that a file the program uses has become corrupted.  The
solution, may be as simple as re-installing the program.

This would be more preferable than having to go through the process of
learning a new program and getting to know its advantages and
disadvantages.

I use Forte Agent for my e-mail and news program.  In that time, they
have never had to warn their customers of a virus attacking the
program because of a gap in the program language written by their
programmers.  Long may it continue.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber