Re: aaddress book interferes with inbox

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 07:46:10 -0800

Hi Donna,

don't you mean alt -space bar_ x, not the control key?  Also, what you can
maximize with this command isn't "the Inbox," or the entire Outlook Express
interface on your screen, but just one thing-- an open Outlook Express message.
 When you come upon the listing of a message in your Inbox list view, and click
it open, it generally opens in a smallish window that leaves a lot of other
screen elements of the Outlook Express interface showing around it. When you
maximize that open message, it expands to fill all the space in the display
except for the Outlook Express menu line at the top of the screen, and the
status line at the bottom.  This helps to allow Jaws to read the message
accurately, and for you to perform editing and writing functions accurately in
a reply.

But in any case, the Address book shouldn't just pop up out of nowhere.  It's
not always sitting there as part of the Outlook Express interface.  To make it
appear, you have to call it up either from the OE menu or with the hotkey
command Control shift B.

So, what this sounds like is that maybe the Address Book is popping up on its
own, mysteriously, and grabbing Jaws's focus.  Now, here's something I wouldn't
have thought of:  Maybe this person launches the Address Book and, after doing
so, never closes it by pressing Escape, but just cycles back into the main
Outlook Express screen (not just the Inbox, but any feature of Outlook Express)
using Alt Tab?  And somehow the Address Book reappears by some accident, now
and then?  I don't know, that's still mysterious to me.

Anyway, hope it was of some help to explain the window maximizing thing.