Re: Using thesorus and Jaws 5.10

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:52:36 -0700

    Here is my response to Steve re his question about whether or not I knew of
any free thesauruses. I still had my original response in my sent box and as
you
see I stated that I used word 2003 but did not know of any freeware in this
regard.  Another thing that makes this post very confusing is that Steve is
posing quite a different question to the one I had originally asked on this
thread. Steve, it would have made things clearer if you had started a new
subject as your question pertained to the availability of freeware thesauruses
and not how to use it. Your second posting asked how to use it. I simply
responded to your question stating that I used word 2003 which surely was
sufficient. We all know that Microsoft corp produces Word 2003. If I had said
Microsoft Word 2003 then someone would have said I should have said Microsoft
Office Version 2003 and so on. I feel it's important to be as brief as possible
(except this time).
Also, because you asked about freeware as an appendage to my original question
about using thesaurus  from word 2003 with jaws 5.10, someone thought I was
asking that question again and answered me privately for the second time and
wondered why I was asking again..
I know list administrators have raised this issue about tagging threads onto
threads so I am writing this explanation to illustrate how by not starting a
new
thread or clearly indicating ones subject leads to a lot of needless confusion.
So, there we go, probably no one will speak to me again--good thing I saved all
those earlier posts eh?
The following is my original response:

I was referring to the thesaurus that comes with word 2003. Sorry, I don't know
of any others so someone else will have to help in that regard if they know. You
might try a Google search for thesauruses--I would imagine there might be one or
two out there somewhere.