RE: The equals problem!

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:44:18 -0600

Hi Jim

Again, it seems to be an issue with replies to messages that you are sending.
Let me try to explain so I'm as clear as possible.  When you send a reply
to a message to someone on the list here, not an original message, but a
reply to someone else's post, we get the weird symbols in the
messages.  From the headers of your messages, you are using Microsoft
Outlook, Build 10.0.6626
So you might like to go into the preferences and look for anything having
to do with replies to messages. I'm totally unfamiliar with Ms Outlook, I
use Eudora version 6.2 so I'd be no help with that. However, maybe another
Outlook user may be able to help. Obviously, the list software is having
some kind of a problem with the way replies to messages are being encoded
and being sent out. Maybe there's something that James can do in the list
config? Freelists does have facilities to make sure that all messages on
the list are of a certain type I.e. plane text, html, etc.  So maybe he can
change a setting.
  I'm also a list owner but I haven't messed around with the list config much.