Temp and cookies was RE: multiple crashes query

  • From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:40:59 -0500

Hi.  That's a good question.  For me, I use a filtering program called
AdSubtract PRO to manage all my cookies.  It's very JAWS friendly.  I
can permanently select those cookies I want to keep and mark them as
"trusted" and then delete all other unwanted cookies at my leisure.  I
can also easily delete temp files and history in this program but don't
think I can set any parameters to those deletions.

I think it's possible to configure anti-spyware programs such as
Ad-Aware to ignore certain cookies after running a scan but am not sure
of this.  In fact, it was suggested to me on this list that deleting
your cookies in Ad-Aware won't necessarily get rid of "all" your cookies
but does rid you of the ones that are the kind you do not want on your
computer.  I prefer to scrub my cookies with AdSubtract, though, before
running an Ad-Aware scan.  I also use the AdSubtrac program to filter
pop-ups, advertisements, animations, automatic music downloads,
auto-refreshing, etc.  For a user of JAWS, it makes navigation on the
Web a lot easier for me.

I wish IE was a bit more flexible when it comes to easily managing
cookies and the like, but so far I haven't found a quick and easy way to
do so in that particular Web browser.  Of course, my knowledge of IE's
capabilities is quite limited, so don't take my word for it.

Chris Feist - The one and only!