Re: "Status line" vs. "Status Bar"

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:12:35 -0700

Hi Jim,

yes, Francis reminded me of that, which is why I corrected myself.  I'd
simply forgotten what those screen elements contained.  Using Jaws, I never
encounter those controls on the status line, which sound as if they're
something akin to the tool bar at the top of the same program's screen,
albeit for different functions.  I confess I've never tried exploring the
bottom of the OE screen with the Jaws cursor, but all I ever look for down
there is the information that is spoken when I press the speak last line
command, insert num pad 3.  So it's all a little abstract, and not too vital
for me that there are little control buttons down there, too.  But I'm happy
to call things by their proper names.  So it's all good, as they say.