Re: Saving address book in outlook express

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:04:45 -0800

Oh, I see. Thanks. Richard, it's not some philosophical thing about personal
preference. No hassle at all. It's just an old-fashioned Save As dialogue,
basically. Okay. I thought "export" meant something really special. Now I
see. Thanks. Honestly, I don't care who does what how. I just wanted to know
what it actually was, and now I see what it is. Very good. Thanks.

  From: Yardbird

  But Brandon, if that file already exists, which it does, then what's the
  point of using this function from within OE or Outlook? I don't mean I'm
  against it; let's not start arguing. I'm really asking, is this just sort
of
  a convenience for someone who doesn't know how to do file management in
  Windows? Sort of? I still don't get the way in which the word "export" is
  being used, frankly. The intuitive thing is to think that must mean
  something about sending a copy of the address book to another email
program
  so you don't have to recreate it if you're beginning to use another email
  program that doesn't work the same way, or something. Anybody know what
I'm
  asking? Sorry if it's not well phrased.

1:03 PM