Re: Saving a Document In Another Location

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:37:45 -0700

Hi Nancy,

Here is a possible low tech solution. It should work on vista.

 On the line where it asks you for the file name, put the drive letter of
the external drive followed by a colon. for example:

G: my document.txt

This will force the file to be saved on the external drive. If you know the
specific directory, put that in there. Otherwise, from there you can use
explorer and move the file to any directory you wish.

Rich