Re: Reading Ebooks with Adobe

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:53:06 -0800

Hi,
I had the same problem with an e-book that I bought and downloaded from Barnes
& Noble.  After discovering that the PDF e-book was inaccessible because of the
security settings, I called up Barnes & Noble, demanding a refund.  The lady
that I spoke to was rude and obnoxious but eventually said that she'd honor my
request, "just this time only".  That experience, quite frankly, has made me
shy away from buying books online, as I don't want to run into that kind of
trouble again and don't have the patience to deal with people like this lady
who was absolutely clueless and who didn't give a damn about the needs of the
blind customer with respect to accessibility. I've written off Barnes & Noble.

Tom