Problem with jaws clipboard and OE

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW Discussion List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:24:21 -0700

Hi,
Yesterday, I had to compose an email which required me to gather some info and
put it on the jaws clipboard. Later, I tried to reply directly to a sender
using the keystrokes of inssert + shift + R and jaws went silent. I had to use
narrator to find out that the dialog box asking to delete the contents of the
clipboard was there. Once I replied to that, jaws came back.

Thinking this was strange I decide to test it again immediately and it worked
just fine. then I gathered some info and copied it to the jaws clipboard and it
did it again. I can just hit the letter y or n without verbal feedback and then
jaws works fine.

to my knowledge, this problem just started yesterday and I don't remember jaws
working like this before. Also tried it with jaws 8 and same problem.

any suggestions?

using jaws 7.1 on an XP pro system with all the updates. Also using outlook
express 6.

Rich