Re: Problem with jaws clipboard and OE

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:54:45 -0600

That makes a lot of sense. I have a clipboard extender that saves hundreds of
clipboard entries so often when I have replied directly to sender, the
individual's email address shows up there.

referring to what Jaws does to append the particular clipboard entry as the
Jaws clipboard is a bit of a misnomer.
  From: Richard sherman

  Hi,
  Yesterday, I had to compose an email which required me to gather some info
and put it on the jaws clipboard. Later, I tried to reply directly to a sender
using the keystrokes of inssert + shift + R and jaws went silent. I had to use
narrator to find out that the dialog box asking to delete the contents of the
clipboard was there. Once I replied to that, jaws came back.

  Thinking this was strange I decide to test it again immediately and it worked
just fine. then I gathered some info and copied it to the jaws clipboard and it
did it again. I can just hit the letter y or n without verbal feedback and then
jaws works fine.

  to my knowledge, this problem just started yesterday and I don't remember
jaws working like this before. Also tried it with jaws 8 and same problem.

  any suggestions?

  using jaws 7.1 on an XP pro system with all the updates. Also using outlook
express 6.

  Rich