Re: Problem sending e-mail from outbox folder

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:39:53 -0800

I'd suggest to get out of the Outbox, leaving the messages right there where
they need to stop on their way out, but issue the command to send email from
the Inbox, not while you're in the Outbox. It may be that this isn't
supposed to matter, but maybe it does on your system.
You can have quirky problems with email, of which this may be one. for
example, I use Outlook Express. And, as I'm sure you know, when you press
the send command (alt s for me) to send an email you've just finishing
creating, it goes to the Outbox. That is a natural stop on the way out.

But sometimes, if I go into the Outbox to open that email and change
something before I allow it to be sent out, sometimes ONE won't respond
correctly if I press Alt S from within that message. It will save "can't say
message" or something. Well, this makes no sense,but no problem. I've
learned that if I did make some changes and want the email to go out as I've
edited it, to jus press control s for save, then press escape to get out of
the message and leave it again in the Outbox. Then it doesn't matter whether
I press the Send all email command from there or somewhere else. For OE,
that command I use is control m, which sends and receives all mail. It's an
item on the Tools menu.

Hope there's something interesting for you here.

so please tell,which email program are you using? That might make a critical
difference in how anyone might be able to advise you.

thanks.