Problem of jaws with internet explorer

  • From: "Fayaz Pasha" <fayazjpasha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:14:18 +0530

Hi friends,

I have been struggling to use internet explorer 6 with jaws versions 6
and 7 due to some failure which I don't understand.

Jaws crashes the moment I open IE and I'm forced to restart My computer.
I tried all including repair and reinstallation of jaws but with out any
success. I found out the problem is with IE and not with jaws because it
seems to work fine with firefox. Since internet explorer is a part of
operating system, I don't know how to repair or reinstall it. I have
downloaded IE 6 from the download center of microsoft website but is not
able to install it because there is already this version of IE is there
on my machine which is not cooperating with jaws.

Is there any way I can install IE 6 downloaded from microsoft without
reinstalling windows again? I don't find the remove option in add/remove
programs list for internet explorer.

If the members feel the posting is off topic please send me your
suggestions privately on fayazjpasha_21@xxxxxxxxxxx

Looking forward for your response.

With regards,
Fayaz