Re: Overheating

  • From: "Roy Nickelson" <roylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:12:53 -0500

hi,
this leads to a question I have had for a while how do you monitor cpu
temperature on a desktop machine with jaws. I haven't found a program that I
like that can do this task.
Roy

From: "peter" <pjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: overheating
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:08:06 -0500

HI,I am using jaws 5 with XP on a Dell inspiron 8200. After using the
laptop for 20 to 40 minutes,it overheats,fan comes on. Jaws is very
sluggish while
fan is running. Fan does not shut off.
My sighted partner uses laptop for hours,with no overheating. I did not
have this problem with jaws 4.5.1 .
Any suggestions?
thanks
Peter