RE: Laptops and hardware synthesizer for JFW

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:17:31 -0400

Julie,

I would prefer a hardware synth that would plug into an internal slot in a
laptop, in order to maintain maximum portability. I have not yet found an
internal speech synthesizer for laptops. If such hardware is not available,
then I will use my Doubletalk LT, which plugs into an RS-232 serial
connection, and has its own battery.

The manufacturer of the Doubletalk LT (RC Systems www.rcsys.com) also makes
the Tripletalk speech synthesizer, which might be a good choice for you,
since it connects to a laptop via a USB connection, and would not need its
own battery.

Alan

Julie wrote:

What other considerations are there with an external synthesizer?  I am
looking at up-dating my laptop and would love to know if I should be going
with an external synth or at least if I should plan on the option when I am
not portable to use a quicker solution.

Julie