Re: Jaws eight won't run under vista.

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:37:06 -0400

Allison,

Did you install a build of JAWS 8 prior to build 1163?
If so, that is your problem.  The original CD of JAWS 8 will not install
for Vista.  You must use a build of 1163 or newer.  Preferably build 2173
which is the latest build of JAWS 8 which can be downloaded from Freedom
Scientific.

Regards.

Tony

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/20/2008 16:01
Please respond to
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Jaws eight won't run under vista.

Hello everyone!
I currently use Jaws nine on my vista machine, but need to also have
access
to jaws eight in order to use JSonar. In order to insure a clean install,
completely removed jaws nine, including all shared and user settings. I
then
installed jaws eight. Whenever I tried to run it, however, I wasn't
getting
any speech. I ran narrator, and it was very sluggish and unresponsive. I
finally had a sighted person look at the screen, and was told that there
was
an error message which said that the application file for jaws had stopped

working. After they clicked the ok button, narrator was once again
responsive. I reinstalled jaws nine, and it's working beautifully. I can't

imagine what could be wrong with jaws eight. I have since tried multiple
uninstallations and reinstallations of versions eight and nine with the
same
results. Any assistance which anyone could provide in this matter would be

greatly appreciated.
Allison