Jaws Standard/professional

  • From: "Ron" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:59:37 +0100

Hi all.

I have used Jaws Standard since version 6 and it has worked with all Windows
software.  And, having trouble with Vista and IE8, have decided to go back
to XP.  The XP version I have is professional.

When I tried to download Jaws 10, which I had just paid £110 for an up
grade, it said it was incompatible.  Having phoned FS I was informed I would
need to pay another £169 for an upgrade to professional.

I asked what I was paying for, like what differences the professional
version had, but they were a bit uncertain.  They merely said it would work
with XP Pro.

Can anyone tell me why this is and what their reasons are?  Why are we
paying more for a professional version of Jaws, when it doesn?t offer any
extras.

Any comments/thoughts would be appreciated.

Ron