Re: Jaws 8 and IE8

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:27:08 -0700

Hi,
I went over to a guy's place a couple of weeks ago to straighten out a problem
that he was having with Ie. Apparently he had JAWS 7 and his machine had
updated itself to IE8, then one of his buddies had tried to roll it back to
IE7.  IE7 wouldn't launch, and nothing would happen if you attempted to use the
Run dialog to access the web.  So I reinstalled IE8 and tried the rollback
again. It must have rolled back, but IE7 still wouldn't work, so I installed
Firefox, which seemed to work okay, but then I got a call again last night and
was told that now even that isn't working.  Hmmm. Sounds to me like his buddy's
mucking with the system again.  At this point I'm hesitant to do anything more
with the system.
Tom