RE: Java Bridge

  • From: <Michael.Schulz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:41:58 +0100

Helpful hints are given by fs if you
> press jaws key + f1 (opens e.g. jaws 10 help)
> popular applications with jaws
> java support (press enter and f6)
> Installing Java and Java Access Bridge
There you find a guide for installation java and java access bridge.
On the java access bridge webside please choose
> Download Java Access Bridge 2.0.1
if you have installed java 6.
Alternativiely, you can download the .exe file of the java access bridge
instead of the .zip Which is more easier to install but could not help
you to solve problems in your java installation which are part of the
manual installation package.
The download of the .exe file is a little bid tricky because you have to
select the check box for this file and to right click (num pad *) on the
link next to the check box (accessbridge-2_0_1.exe) - not on the
download button followed - and now select where you want to save the
file.
For future installations of new java updates, you will need the access
bridge install package again because a new java update will not install
the access bridge automaticlly. So, you have to start the access bridge
install again and click on modify for a new search and install of a new
java installation.
To check whether the java platform is running well, please go to the
java control panel in the windows control panel of the start menu -
there the java control panel should be accessible that means you can tab
around and jaws reads what is in focus.
Regards, Michael