RE: JAWS Dump

  • From: Agent86b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:06:29 +1100

Hi all,
I use the dump Jaws function every time I wish to unload Jaws. For example when my sited wife wishes to read her email. The reason I use that function is because the Insert + F4 keystroke does not completely unload JFW from my system. I have found in the past after using the Ins + F4 Jaws will go quiet for a while. But every now and again when my wife opens an email or a program Jaws will say a few words and then stop. After this happens
I am not able to reload JFW without a reboot of the computer.
Max.

on 04:20 4/12/2006, Alex Stone said:
John, The only reason given in the what's new for doing it, is to send it to FS. The only other reason I've ever used it is if jaws stops speaking and won't restart. If you do the memory dump, it will kill all jaws processes which should then allow you to restart jaws without a reboot.
 Cheers.
Alex -----Original Message-----