Re: JAWS 4.51 patch?

  • From: Damon Fibraio <dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:58:51 -0500

The patch is just a bunch of bug fixes. The ones I know of are that if you
had sluggishness problems under windows with 4.51.119, they are fixed now.
There should have been more info on the fs web site about what was fixed.
At 03:12 PM 11/26/2003, you wrote:

>I am very confused. I whent to the Freedomscientific.com web page, and whent
>to the downloads section, chose JAWS for Windows screen reading
>software,  and
>then more JAWS downloads. I found a link to download the JAWS 4.51.131 patch.
>I did, and have now just finished installing it over 4.51.119. However, What
>is a patch? I've never hurd of that turm before. This patch sounds
>interesting.
>Do patchs have fixes? Fix problems that may have ben found in one version of
>the program? I ask, because ever sinse I installed the patch, the JAWS issues
>I was experienceing in AOL were fixt. That is to say that I haven't
>experienced anymore strange issues in AOL 8.0 with the JAWS patch
>installed. Guess that
>fixt my problems.
>With regards to the list, Keith.

Damon Fibraio, email dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Musician, broadcaster, computer technician, and troublemaker
aol instant messenger screenname: dfibraio MSN Messenger screenname:
dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx: Band site: Visions: http://www.visions692000.com
Listen to no Holds Barred Radio. Go to our site at http://www.nhbradio.com

"To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, take me as I am."--Dream Theater, As I am

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers turn to look at the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars
Turn around and walk the razor's edge."--Neil Peart of Rush, The Pass