Re: Hp machine and sticky control key

  • From: "Barry G" <lister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:34:24 -0000

I have been running an HP desktop since early summer and get a problem every so
often where suddenly the control key is active whatever key combination I use,
although it doesn't seem to affect the actual alphabetical keys.  I've noticed
that, if I hit control a couple of times before hitting a key combination when
in the problematic situation. it allows the next key combination normally,
almost like a pass-through key.

Anyway, I have found out what does it on my machine.  It only seems to happen
when I'm in word and hit alt+control+the letter i when I meant to hit alt+i.
The only way to get out of it seems to be to reboot the computer.

I'm running JFW 7 on an XP machine with MS Word 2003.

Any similarities by any chance?

All the best,
Barry G