Re: How to put Jaws asleep

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:01:36 -0500

MessageHello Jim:

The suggested method I posted in my previous message, is best for when you are
using programs such as Total Recorder, where you might want to set parameters
for recording levels, etc., then you want to silence speech while you are
recording from an external source, using a sound card.

Because, if you do not silence speech when you are recording through the sound
card, that is also being used by JAWS, anything that JAWS speaks will be
included in the recording that you are making.

However, if you are using Total Recorder's software sound driver, you do not
need to silence JAWS, if you are recording a stream over the internet, for
example.

Hope This Helps.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber