Re: How to put Jaws asleep

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:47:11 -0500

MessageRun the game you wish to play.

When the game is loaded, press INSERT/JAWS KEY+CTRL+S, then press THE LETTER N,
for "no Speech, followed by ENTER.  Speech will be turned off while you are
playing the game.

When you have finished playing the game, you can do the following while you are
still in the game program or at the desktop after you have exited the game.

Press INSERT/JAWS KEY+CTRL+S, then the letter R, for Remote Access Speech, the
letter E, for Eloquence Software, the Letter N, for No Speech, the letter S,
for SAPI 5, followed by ENTER.  The option you have chosen will be activated.

However, if Remote Access Speech and SAPI 5 software synthesizers are not
installed, and you try to select them, JAWS reverts to the Eloquence Software
synthesizer, by default.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber