Re: How do I do remote desktop with jaws

  • From: "Jyotsna Kaki" <jyotsnakaki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:03:54 -0800

Ok, here is how it generally works. The company (if they allow remote
desktop access) shoud have given you a laptop. You need the VPN and
the remote desktop software installed on your computer whcih is
generally done by the company for security reasons. Once you have both
of these softwares, you will need VPN tokens. You cllick on the 'VPN'
icon or select it from the start menu. A window pops up asking you for
your username and password. In the password edit box, you enter the
token that the company has provided. Once you are logged in, you find
the remote desktop icon on the desktop or from the start menu and
click on it. If your work computer is set up already, you simply click
ok other wise you have to set up your work computer first.

I think the best way to do this is to go to your tech support at work
and have them set up the remote desktop and VPN for your because I do
not believe that it is completely accessible. Hope this helps.

On 2/21/07, Sean McMahon <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, so do I have to get remote access support for my work computer to make
remote desktop on my home system to work?  How would I set this up? Sean