re: Hotmail and JFW

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 02:59:38 -0500

Hello Eileen,

I am also using JFW 7.0 on a Windows XP Pro system. Let's see if I can help you figure out the problem... When you get to that download page after clicking on the file attachment, what you should normally find a few lines down this page is a line that says "download file"and JAWS will identify it as "clickable."

If JAWS does not recognize this as clickable, then the attachment may have a virus. To verify if this is the problem, just keep arrowing down until you find the section where Hotmail did its virus-check, and see if it is reporting a problem with the file attachment.

Another possibility may be that the file attachment has a file extension that hotmail forbids. In this case, you'll need to get the sender to zip the file and resend it. I hope this helps.

Alan

Eileen wrote:
I tried what you said and it didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail
Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

"
Lisle, Ted  (CHFS DMS)" <
Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
12/12/2006 12:02 PM

I never used Hotmail, but I ran into something like that on the HP Web
site recently, while trying to download a soft pack.  In desperation,
finally double right clicked, and the sonofagun took off and
downloaded
as neatly as anything.

Ted