Re: HP 4900, Jaws not loading

  • From: "Keith" <keithheltsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 06:44:45 -0600

Hey! I'm replying to myself!
Shortly after posting this, my messages downloaded and I read of a similar
HP laptop only with crashes shortly after using. Seems that the fix was to
delete some of the software that HP included. Is that going to help me get
JFW4.5 to run?

With doing a install without speech, with sighted assistance, Jaws seems to
be there, it just doesn't talk and as soon as you get past the login screen
the BSOD shows up. It seems that at one point there was a message about not
finding a video intercept. I've slept since then so I'll have to play with
it some more for providing more details. Seems that we also tried doing a
Repair on the Jaws program after the install with no change in anything.

If I do remove some ov the programs the other list member mentioned, How
might I put them back if I should want any of them?

I have an old Type N Speek that I may need to charge up/plug in. Not to
mention hunting down a serial cable to attach it. Whould it help to install
it as an extra synth? The on-board sound card in the HP laptop seems fine
for all the other windows and application sounds.

from
Keith H.