RE: Go to Meeting?

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:07:49 -0500

Hey, Chip,

Always good to hear from you. Why the switch to Window Eyes? Does it do something better than JAWS? Years ago I tried to install it on my computer along with JAWS. That was in the days when you couldn't do it. My son-the-geek, who re-installed Windows, has never forgiven me (lol)

the sighted instructors have used Go To Meeting they think successfully with JFW. But I'm the only blink instructor, and I haven't. I will be interested to see what happens when it's my turn. I'll let you know.

Ann

At 04:24 PM 4/24/2009, you wrote:
Hi Ann,

I switched from jaws to window eyes almost a year ago, but still check
in with the list now and again.

It's funny because I just asked this same question on the window eyes
list, and I asked it directly of go to meeting tech support as well.

only the tech support reported back to me, and as far as they know, it's
not accessible to any screen reader at all.

there's one bright spot: the audio of any go to meeting session is
always available both as a voip stream (on the internet in other words),
and if you wish to dial-in to a conference call number.  so, if you wish
to participate in a meeting with your sighted friends , you can always
use the phone conference call option to at least get the audio.  I
believe the call however is not a toll-free one.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator