RE: Dictionary Manager

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:44:53 -0500

Hello Daniel.

What you are missing is the person made a change to the default dictionary
file and they did not remember what the original entry was.  So I suggested
they delete their modified copy of the default dictionary file.

I hope this helps.

Chris.

From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Kerry.

To revert back to the factory default dictionary file open the start menu,
programs, the Jaws group you are interested in changing, explore jaws,
explore my settings. This will open your personal settings folder where you
can look for default.JDF. Once you have this file highlighted you can delete
the file. Jaws for Windows will no longer see this file in your personal
settings folder so it will use the copy from within the shared settings
folder. All of this assumes that you were smart and did not overwrite the
copy that was in the shared settings directory. By default the dictionary
manager will first check and see if there is a file in the personal settings
folder and if there is not a file in the personal settings folder it will
read from the file from the shared settings folder. Once the changes are
made it will write the modified file to your personal settings folder.

I hope this helps.

Chris.