Re: Dictionary Manager

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:20:53 -0700

Hi,

Just two comments to offer.  First, I agree with Bruce that blanking out an
entire class of links so that Jaws can no longer see them may not be a
practical idea.  I innocently did this while making some personalized
verbosity settings at audible.com, the online spoken word vendor, just
because I thought the site was too talkative, and soon regretted it.  I
thought that all the functional links I most needed in order to place
orders, download audio books I'd bought, etc., had disappeared, and that the
site was broken.  Only with the help of an equally puzzled audible tech
support person was I able to figure out what I'd done, and undo it.

Second, it may be worth emphasizing explicitly that this isn't something you
accomplish with the jaws dictionary manager.  It's within the purview of the
verbosity settings, approached either from the configurations Manager or the
on the menu you pull up while on a Web site with Insert V.

Good luck.  Those links, and a few other types, too, can be maddening to
listen to,so I sympathize.  But the caution Bruce is offering is not just a
casual word of advice, I wouldn't say.