Re: Avast and Jaws again!

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:40:23 -0500

For the same reason that I do not like companies such as Radio Shac.  However,
I buy products from companies such as Radio Shac because they sell products
that are unique to that company or, they sell gadgets, adapters and products
that I cannot get anywhere else.

I put up with the problems that come with Microsoft operating systems, because
I can use third-party software, which helps protect my computers from hackers,
worms, trogens, viruses, spyware, spamware, keyboard loggers, etc.

For me, to use Microsoft Essentials, would be the difference between wading in
the sea and being fully under water.  It would be the same as putting all my
eggs in one basket.

And, as we should all know, putting all the eggs you possess in one basket, is
a very foolish and unwise thing to do.  Because, if you drop the basket and all
the eggs are broken, guess what, surprise! surprise! tough luck! you have lost
the lot.  And, given Microsoft's track record, when Microsoft screw up with
their Essentials software, as they are surely bound to do, eventually, and,
they drop the basket in which you trusted them to hold all your eggs, what will
all of you, who put all your eggs in one basket going to say and do then.

I will tell you what you are all going to do!  you are all going to fill lists,
like this list, complaining, moaning, groaning, whining, winjing about
Microsoft Essentials and asking questions as to how to fix the problems and
asking about alternatives.

In fact, I am seriously considering purchasing a MAC computer.  However, for
the near future, I cannot devote the time and effort, that would be necessary
to learn a new operating system, screen-reader, let alone new software.

So, it is a question of the devil you know.

The MAC operating systems also have their problems.  However, their problems
are far les numerous and cause far less difficulties for their customers and
those who use their computers.  This is probably due to the higher level of
programming skills of their programmers and the higher level of quality and
control, that Apple put into their products, which is the reason why the best
rated professional software that most professional businesses and research
facilities etc. around the world use Apple computers instead of computers that
run Microsoft operating systems.  Another reason is because the MAC operating
systems use UNIX and LYNIx

Constructive criticism is how you get improvement.

However, Microsoft's attitude and ethos is that they do not produce bad
products.

Their maxim is "don't do what we do, just do what we say".

Sincerely:

Dave Durber