Re: Avast and Jaws again!

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:51:08 -0500

Sorry!  I have never trusted Microsoft to look after my computer systems in any
shape or form

In my opinion, Microsoft are about as trustworthy as standing on a frozen lake
during a thore, hoping and preying that the ice is not going to give way under
you, although you know it is certain to do so eventually.

Personally, I think Microsoft will eventually screw up with their Essentials
software package as they do with everything else they release.  Their track
record, guarantees it.

 If I was told Microsoft software controlled the systems of an aeroplane I was
boarding or a car I was going to get in, I wouldn't be able to get away from
that aeroplane or that car fast enough.  I value my safety and my life to
believe that Microsoft would not be capable of looking after my best interests.
 I would be moving away so fast, you would think that I either had a rocket up
my backside or I had galloping gut rot and had to rush to the nearest bathroom,
hoping I would get there in time.  Oh crap! I failed!

Sorry I am such a Pessimist about their products.  Sadly, they have never
proved themselves to be trustworthy, which is why so many people, like myself
around the world, do not trust them, no matter the promises they make to
improve their software.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber