Re: A Baffling Question

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:48:00 -0600

Yep, i do have to admit that the solution worked for me too. Actually what would happen to me is that I would be online for a few minutes and then lose my connection. Only way to get it back was to reboot, and then the same thing kept happening. So it could be that. It could also be Earthlink's DHCP server's having a bad time. since it only happens at home, then logic suggests that something is a miss with the connection at home. now all ya need to do is track down the problem. Hopefully, unplugging and then plugging the modem back in will help. I would do it for about 30 seconds, maybe even up to a minute or so to clear things.

If it continues, get ahold of tech s
pport and if your luck is with you, you'll get a human being who can try to help.

At 12:30 PM 2/29/2008, you wrote:
Hi,
Try to fix this by unplugging your modem for a minute or so. This seems to clear the buffers. I have had good luck by doing this.
Good Luck