RE: A Baffling Question

  • From: "Dale E. Heltzer" <deheltzer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 10:45:52 -0600

Below is a conversation I had on the PCWorks mailserv. When I removed
the protocol

Microsoft TCP / IP Version 6

from my LAN connection, my problem went away.

I don't know for sure whether this solution wil work in your case - I
didn't compare wireless with wired connection.

-------------------------

Yes, that is the protocol that should be removed.

It does cause flakiness in certain browsers and systems.

Peter Kaulback

Dale E. Heltzer wrote:
> Do you mean in the Properties for my Local Area Network, one of the
> entries is Microsoft TCP / IP Version 6
>
> ??
>
> Is *that what I should remove?

Your member list settings can be found at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=pcworks .  Once logged in,
you have access to numerous other email options.

The list archives are located at
//www.freelists.org/archives/pcworks/ .  All email posted to the
list will be placed there in the event anyone needs to look for previous
posts.