[jewel] Re: pixmapped window decorations

  • From: Frank Hale <frankhale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm quite happy to talk about them with you,
> probably on this list is
> best.  I've used IceWM and Window Maker themes in
> the past, but we've
> not even started on these for jewel yet.

Okay well. Using the shape extension seems easy
enough. I've managed to work up a small app which
creates a window inside it and then creates some
decorations and shapes them.

Screenshot ->
http://http://dailyrant.org/files/pixmap.png

Look in the top left corner for picture of what it
does.

What I'd like to discuss and hopefully come to an
understanding is how to do this in a generic way to
facilitate different themes without a need to change
any code.

My code is on the same website here is a link:

http://www.dailyrant.org/files/pixmap.tar.gz

The code is small, pretty easy to read and should be
easy to hack if you have time.

What I'd like to do is come up with a really good way
to do arbitrary themes without breaking the code.

http://search.yahoo.com