[jewel] Re: How to help?

  • From: MJ Ray <markj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jewel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:18:04 -0000

thisguyisi <thisguyisi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did I mention I am Bored? So if there is any fashion in which you guys
> think I can be of use to the project, other than just initing ideas and
> being an audience for your own ideas, I would welcome the distraction
> from my unemployment, and the challenge of designing something interesting.

As soon as the code starts moving forwards again (see past emails for
the related problem of changesets that I'm trying to get straight in
my mind), then I'd appreciate your help in testing and UI.

For now, the best thing that you could do for me is to be another "UI
helper" on GNUstep, as I think you already use it.  Try to be friendly
about it (see links on http://mjr.towers.org.uk/links/writing_style.html
but I think you're mostly fine (at least better than me)) but sometimes
new GNUstep applications goof the UI a bit.  The UI guide that they are
meant to follow is near the end of http://www.channelu.com/NeXT/NeXTStep/3.3/nd/

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@xxxxxxxxx
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."