[jawsscripts] Re: new member

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 06:04:08 -0800

And it helps a lot if you start out with something in mind.  Most
programs that most people use on a regular basis already have scripts
(or don't need any) so there isn't a lot of point in writing your own
for those.

You only need to get into scripting jaws if you have a program that
doesn't behave very well out of the box, and even with lots of those
you can get them working acceptably well by tweaking the configuration
(things like window class assignment and such) rather than needing to
go the full scripting route.

On 6/23/12, Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You start with the jaws basic of scripting and
> the other info for scripting from the FS site.
> Anyone can do it as long as you understand what
> it tells you and ask questions on this list.
> Now to get you going look in start menu, all
> programs, jaws version, explore my jaws, explore the manuals.
>
> At 04:05 AM 6/23/2012, you wrote:
>>Hello:
>>If one wants to jump into jaws scripting what advice would you provide?
>> What
>>type of background would one need in order to successfully do such a
>> thing?
>>Or is it one of those things that with jaws scripting, you have it or you
>>don't.
>>
>>Where would be a good place to begin.
>>
>>Thanks.

>>View the list's information and change your settings at
>>//www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx