[jawsscripts] Re: new member

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 07:38:48 -0700

Actually, Jim, that book has pretty much been incorporated into the fs
basics of scripting manual. The snowman's lecture series is also an
excellent resource.

I guess if some1 wants to bridge the gap between the free stuff & fs's
class, there's always my course. Details in the signature.

On 6/23/12, Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Though quite outdated now, Ken Gould's "Everything You Always Wanted to
> Know About Writing JAWS Scripts, But Didn't Know Whom to Ask" is still
> the best manual I've run across for introducing JAWS scripting language
> foundations and even a few fundamental programming concepts. There
> aren't any exercises, which is only a bad thing if that's how you like
> to reinforce learned ideas.
>
> You also might try and find a multi-part audio scripting demonstration
> Jim Snowbarger did on ACB's Main Menu radio show sometime in 2003. I
> clearly remember that being the final link that connected everything for
> me.
>
>   On 6/23/2012 3:05 AM, Kimsan Song wrote:
>> Hello:
>> If one wants to jump into jaws scripting what advice would you provide?
>> What
>> type of background would one need in order to successfully do such a
>> thing?
>> Or is it one of those things that with jaws scripting, you have it or you
>> don't.
>>
>> Where would be a good place to begin.
>>
>> Thanks.

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com