[jawsscripts] Re: Virtual cursor active in the script manager? & textUnitRules

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:50:20 -0400

Hi Paul,

You may want to set up voice profiles for particular applications.  As part
of the profile you can change the voice scheme.  If the different built-in
schemes don't meet your needs you can create your own scheme in the "Sounds
and Speech Manager" option in Configuration Manager.  I think this feature
was introduced in JAWS 9 and refined in 10.

Try out the different schemes currently defined by pressing Insert + Alt +
S.  This brings up a list of defined schemes and switches to that scheme.
There is a scheme called "Classic" that may be more what you are looking
for, since it should act like older versions.

Don Marang